PDUK AR39 The ABC of wound care for health care assistants
This wound care course is a must for HCAs treating wounds in their clinical practice. It will give you the most up-to-date wound care management plans.
Our healthcare assistants courses aim to provide you with training to boost not only your skills but your confidence.
Who should attend?
Health Care Assistants
Aims / objectives
- Review skin function and anatomy in relation to implications for wound assessment and management.
- Discuss wound classifications and types.
- Be aware of signs of infection, wound deterioration and healing.
- Apply aseptic technique when caring for wounds.
- Review various dressing choices and their application.
- Provide patients with appropriate aftercare information per workplace protocols and national guidelines.
- Anatomy, physiology and functions of the skin.
- Wound classifications
- The wound healing process
- Wound assessment
- Signs and symptoms of infection
- Aseptic technique
- The wound healing continuum and dressing options
- After care: patient education/signs and symptoms of deterioration
- Case study reinforcers