P40 Understanding head injuries: a school nurse's guide
This course goes beyond the basics and looks at head injury in more depth. It provides attendees with a better understanding of the causes and forms of head injuries and initial assessment and management.
Who should attend?
Practitioners who deal with head injuries in children
Aims / objectives
- Apply essential aspects of neurological anatomy.
- Discuss the causes and forms of head injury
- Demonstrate a base knowledge of neurological examination including SCAT guidelines
- Be aware of safe management practice such as when to refer to A&E and return to play for sports related injury.
- Specific class requests
- Applied neuro anatomy
- Forms of injury
- An introduction to patient examination
- Clinical features
- Guidelines and management, including referral parameters
- Guide to further study