P55 Six-eight-week baby check: update your screening skills: Online
Following Public Health England’s new-born and infant physical examination (NIPE) screening guidelines, this course offers practitioners who need to refresh their skills, a chance to review theory and practice in a stimulating learning environment. The four NIPE examination screening elements are central to this programme. Hands on practice will form part of the day along with exploration of normal and abnormal findings.
Who should attend?
Practitioners who have completed an accredited neonatal or 6-8 week examination course and require a yearly update.
Practitioners who would like to refine their current skills
All course material, evaluations and certificate of attendance provided.
The course runs from 10:00am- 4:30pm
Completion of this course is not a guarantee of competency.
|Course duration||Course CPD||Full price (incl VAT) per person|
|1 day(s)||8 hour(s)||£175|
|Dates||Block size||Block discount|
Dates / venues
|Location - venue||Dates||No. of people|
|Online - Online Delivery||07/09/2022||Enquire for details|
Aims / objectives
- Review screening history for the six-eight-week infant check.
- Refine basic knowledge of developmental anatomy and physiology of the body systems.
- Improve physical examination skills with a focus on detecting abnormalities such as congenital cataracts, hip dysplasia, congenital heart disease and undescended testes.
- Be more confident in noting normal and abnormal findings and indications for referral.
- Apply principles and learned practical skills in the workplace.
- Review a full examination and opportunities for health promotion.
- Review normal development at six to eight weeks.
- Review of the new-born infant physical examination programme (NIPE) and standards
- Skill builders:
- -Screening history
- -Assessment of HENT, skin and eyes
- -Respiratory assessment
- -Cardiac assessment
- -Abdominal assessment including male and female genitalia/anus
- -Neurological assessment
- -Musculoskeletal assessment including detection of developmental dysplasia of the hip (DDH)
- -Documentation and referrals.
- Summary of infant screening
Physical Examination of the Newborn at a Glance by Campbell and Dolby, 2018