IH01 Paediatric same day consultation
This programme combines both history taking and physical examination skills with system related minor illnesses.
Who should attend?
Allied health professionals such as pharmacists and paramedics
Aims / objectives
- Be able to take a developmentally appropriate paediatric history
- Demonstrate your ability to conduct a physical examination of the reviewed body systems
- Develop an understanding of some common paediatric presentations
- Age appropriate history taking & physical examination techniques.
- Anatomical & physiological differences in children.
- Recognition of the ill child.
- The Febrile child.
- ENT/lymphatic examination and practice
- ENT related presentations- (e.g. OM, sore throat)
- Respiratory assessment and practice
- Respiratory related presentations including upper versus lower respiratory tract infections, bronchiolitis and pneumonia
- Cardiovascular assessment and practice
- Abdominal assessment and practice
- Acute GI problems- to include recognition of common emergency presentations and more minor ailments.
- Skin assessment and presentations
- External eye related presentations
- Physical examination practice review.