IH02 Paediatric examination made easy
This programme has been designed to provide attendees with the basic tools for taking a child focused history and performing a physical examination on the ENT, cardiac, respiratory and abdominal systems. An essential for competent paediatric assessment.
Who should attend?
Allied health professionals such as pharmacists and paramedics
Alll course material including a work place competency workbook, evaluations and certificate of attendance provided.
Completion of this course is not a guarantee of competency. Support and practice in the workplace with an experienced facilitator is required to attain competence level.
|Course duration||Course CPD||In-house Course|
|3 day(s)||21 hour(s)||POA|
Aims / objectives
- Be able to take a developmentally appropriate paediatric history
- Demonstrate your ability to conduct a physical examination of the reviewed body systems
- Develop an understanding of some common paediatric presentations re: assessment, diagnosis and management
- History taking and child centred physical exam techniques
- Skin assessment
- ENT/lymphatic examination/practice
- Respiratory assessment/practice
- Cardiac examination/practice
- Abdominal assessment/practice
- Student demonstration/test out of the above systems.
All lecturers are paediatric trained advanced practitioners.