AR124 Annual NMP V300 update course: Online
This one-day interactive generic course is ideal for all non-medical prescribers (NMP) with a recorded prescribing qualification (V300) who are working within the NMP role. Completion of the course fulfils the requirement for NMPs to demonstrate ongoing CPD by updating their qualification annually.
Who should attend?
All NMP with a V300, including nurses, physiotherapists, radiographers, pharmacists, optometrists, podiatrists, midwives and paramedics.
NMPs are required to attend an annual NMP update. This course meets these requirements.
All course material, evaluations and certificate are provided. Morning and afternoon efreshments are provided on face to face courses.
|Course duration||Course CPD||Full price (incl VAT) per person|
|1 day(s)||8 hour(s)||£185|
|Dates||Block size||Block discount|
Dates / venues
|Location - venue||Dates||No. of people|
Aims / objectives
- Understand the legal, professional and accountability issues of non-medical prescribing.
- Assess your prescribing practice using the single Royal Pharmacy Society (RPS) competency framework.
- Describe strategies to keep up to date with developments in evidence-based practice to maintain safe prescribing.
- Reflect on your prescribing experiences with your peers and network and identify areas for improving your practice.
- Discuss current NMP updates and clinical governance;
- Examine current laws and legislation related to independent and supplementary prescribing;
- Discuss medico-legal issues and relate this to NMP clinical practice;
- Critically discuss practical and ethical issues in prescribing;
- Discuss common pitfalls in prescribing and prescribing errors;
- Examine adverse drug reactions and how to reduce errors;
- Discuss prescribing support resources;
- Assess clinical decision-making skills in relation to evidence-based practice.