IH87 The ABC of ECGs
This course provides the community based practitioner with a practical step-by-step review of ECG interpretation. The emphasis is on understanding the basis of ECG interpretation, clinical pearls and potentially life-threatening problems.
Who should attend?
Advanced Nurse Practitioners
Allied Health Professionals
Aims / objectives
- Review basic physiology of the heart, applying this to ECG recording and interpretation.
- Correctly record an ECG.
- Recognise a 'normal' and some 'abnormal' ECG patterns.
- Be familiar with findings commonly seen in your patient population
- Apply your findings towards more confident patient management.
- The physiologic basis of the ECG
- How to record a 12 Lead ECG.
- A step by step guide to reading an ECG.
- ECG interpretation and cardiac axis- What is normal?
- ECG interpretation- Common abnormal findings- to include:
- Acute Myocardial Infarction and Ischaemia
- Sinus and atrial rhythm abnormalities,
- Ventricular rhythm abnormalities,
- Disorders of conduction
- Bundle branch blocks