A42 ECG essentials for health care support workers
In today's healthcare HCAs are expected to provide safe, quick and efficient care to patients with possible cardiac problems. This course will help you correctly record ECGs and introduce you to basic tracing interpretation skills. As a result you will be able to carry out your role with more confidence and improve your competence in dealing with these potentially challenging patients.
Who should attend?
Aims / objectives
- Use basic anatomy and physiology to understand the principles of ECG recording and readings
- Discuss and demonstrate how to properly record a 12 lead ECG
- Be able to troubleshoot common ECG problems
- Recognise normal and common abnormal tracings
- Anatomy and physiology basics
- The cardiac conduction system
- How to record a 12 lead ECG
- Essential troubleshooting
- The normal ECG
- Common abnormal ECG findings
- Case studies