IH42 Cardiac drugs for non-medical prescribers
This workshop has been designed to help nurses and non-medical prescribers enhance their knowledge of drugs used in cardiology.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for nurses and other non-medical prescribers (NMPs) who want to enhance their knowledge of drugs used in cardiology.
Aims / objectives
- Have a sound understanding of the use of drugs and monitoring of prescribed agents.
- Be able to understand why some drugs are used over others in certain situations and the evidence to support this.
- Understand which side effects need managing and how.
- Appreciate treatment standards and targets in the context of national guidance.
- Learn what future developments are in store.
- Use of drugs in hypertension
- Use of drugs in angina and CHD
- ACE inhibitors & sartans - the renin angiotensin system explained
- Cholesterol and hyperlipidaemia - managing lipids & targets and drugs
- Heart failure management