AOL8 Wrist and elbow minor injuries: Refresh and refine your skills
This course would specifically benefit registered nurses, paramedics and other healthcare providers who regularly deal with wrist and elbow injuries/ailments in emergency or urgent care settings. It’s also relevant to those who work in community environments such as in the patient’s own home or at a GP surgery. The course will focus on patients of 11 years and over.
Who should attend?
Those attending this course will already be practising in an advanced practitioner role. They will therefore already have a good understanding of anatomy and physiology of the body part being taught.
Delegates should also have competent history taking skills as this will not be covered in any great depth. It is also expected that attendees will practice the assessment skills outside of the course session to consolidate their learning.
The course will run from 1:00pm- 4:30pm. All course material, evaluations and certificates provided.
|Course duration||Course CPD||Full price (incl VAT) per person|
|0.5 day(s)||4 hour(s)||£80|
|Dates||Block size||Block discount|
Dates / venues
|Location - venue||Dates||No. of people|
Aims / objectives
- To understand in more detail the anatomy of the elbow and wrist
- To examine in depth history taking methodology to ensure it is detailed and thorough
- Explore assessment of the wrist and elbow, including physical examination and x-ray findings
- Discuss differential diagnoses of wrist and elbow injuries
- To consider how choices can be made in selecting appropriate management options, including safe and appropriate referral
- Anatomy examination of the elbow and wrist
- How best to approach patient history taking
- Examination technique to include assessing for neurological and functional deficit
- X-ray interpretation and findings
- Common elbow and wrist injuries and ailments and associated treatment choices
-This will include accidents and injuries, sport injuries and ailments (e.g. bursitis, tennis elbow, and fractures)
- When to refer on for specialist investigation/opinion