A13 Minor ailments essentials: Online Options
This programme has been accredited by the RCN Centre for Professional Accreditation until the 11th February 2021: Accreditation applies only to the educational content of the programme.
This minor illness course is designed for practitioners confident in taking a history and physical examination but wanting to focus on the common and not so common patient complaints seen in primary health care.
Minor illness training to enhance your skills and confidence.
Who should attend?
Paramedics and other allied health professionals
All course material, evaluations and certificate are provided. Morning and afternoon refreshments are provided on face to face courses.
Note: This course assumes attendees are confident in history taking & physical examination. If you need to develop these skills please check out our 5 Day Patient Assessment workshop.
RCN cannot confirm competence of any practitioner. Competence must be developed in the workplace with appropriate clinical facilitators.
The course is not a replacement for full patient assessment training.
|Course duration||Course CPD||Full price (incl VAT) per person|
|3 day(s)||21 hour(s)||£460|
|Dates||Block size||Block discount|
|16/12/2020 - 18/12/2020||4||10%|
Dates / venues
|Location - venue||Dates||No. of people|
Aims / objectives
- Confidence in taking safe, targeted histories for a variety of patient presentations
- Able to assess and identify various common conditions
- Review appropriate additional diagnostics required for accurate patient assessment
- Discuss patient management, including referral requirements for safe practice
- The red or painful eye
- Ear problems such as hearing loss and ear infections
- Upper & lower respiratory tract presentations to include painful sinuses, sore throat, cough and bronchitis
- Head, neck and back pain
- Skin conditions including examination principles, eczemas, psoriasis, infestations, bacterial, viral and fungal infections
- Acute abdominal pain covering diarrhoea, vomiting, constipation, indigestion, ectopic pregnancy and more
- Gynae overview covering vaginal discharge, pelvic pain and the basics of emergency contraception
- Mental health - depression, assessment and management essentials