A116 Telephone triage refresh & refine: Online
This interactive study day is aimed at the experienced telephone triage practitioner. It provides participants with a review of basic skills and looks at more challenging issues.
Who should attend?
Allied Health Professionals
All course material, evaluations and certificate of attendance are included.
|Course duration||Course CPD||Full price (incl VAT) per person|
|1 day(s)||7 hour(s)||£175|
|Dates||Block size||Block discount|
Dates / venues
|Location - venue||Dates||No. of people|
Aims / objectives
- Review basic telephone triage core skills and the general principles of managing a triage call in a safe and comprehensive manner.
- Discuss and practice working with difficult callers and challenging call scenarios.
- Update and explore risk management and legal issues.
- Discuss what the components and standards of a telephone triage protocol should contain.
- Work through triage situations via case scenarios/role play to consolidate learning.
- Discuss support systems required for telephone triage in individual areas.
Managing a triage call review, including
-Establishing a helpful relationship and active listening.
-Different questioning techniques
-Structuring the call
-Dos and don’ts
What makes a call difficult and how to handle the challenging caller
Risk management; major trends, documentation, policies in telephone triage.
Overview of common triage calls- covering main body systems : a problem based approach
Case scenario practice covering minor and major ailments and long-term health conditions as required by participant’s area of practice.
Support systems; principles of writing protocols, audit and a discussion of what is needed in individual areas.