AR104 Updates & safety tips for non-medical prescribers
This course is ideal for non-medical prescribers wishing to update their prescribing practice and develop their prescribing competency. Areas covered include evidence-based practice and medicines safety, with particular emphasis on drugs to avoid; common errors; and ways to enhance patient safety.
Who should attend?
Supplementary or independent prescribers including:
Aims / objectives
- Assess your prescribing practice using the single competency framework
- Reflect on your prescribing experiences with your peers and identify areas for improving your practice
- Describe strategies to help you keep up to date with developments in the evidence base
- Explain the ABC of safe prescribing.
Evidence-based practice update:
- Information mastery to enhance your clinical practice
- Access to NICE Medicines and Prescribing Centre support resources.
Medicines safety update:
- Which drugs are most commonly associated with harm?
- Which drugs are most difficult to use safely?
- What constitutes a prescribing error?
- Avoiding medication errors in primary care
- Common pitfalls in polypharmacy
- Tips to enhance patient safety.