AR71 Minor injuries- plastering basics
This course promotes efficient management of minor injuries by teaching you to safely apply plaster casts to patients with simple fractures.
Who should attend?
HCAs working in A&E, walk-in centres & minor injury units
Aims / objectives
- Identify various types of fractures
- Apply principles of fracture healing
- Be aware of complications of plaster application
- Practice applying various back slabs
- Review evidence-based aftercare
- Basic MSK anatomy review
- Types of fractures and principles of fracture healing
- Potential complications of plaster immobilisation
- Back slab application for fractures to wrist, elbow ankle and hands
- Hands-on practice
- Patient discharge and follow-up management