AR12 Acute neck and lower back pain: avoiding chronic problems
If you manage acute neck and lower back pain properly, chronic problems can be prevented. This course covers the underlying causes, physical examination and correct management. It is in line with government targets and within the context of a ten minute appointment.
Who should attend?
Advanced Nurse Practitioners
Aims / objectives
- To be aware of underlying pathologies related to acute neck and back pain.
- To provide practitioners with the tools to carry out an effective triage assessment within the limited time of a surgery appointment.
- To apply evidenced based efficient management to these problems.
- To promote effective reduction in numbers of patients who will go on to have long term neck and back related conditions.
- Underlying pathologies: the causes of: acute neck pain & acute low back pain
- Evidence based assessment including the five minute triage examination and appropriate use of simple diagnostic tools and investigations
- Managing low back and neck pain the right way
- Implications for your practice and your patient