HMC23 Acute back pain masterclass: assess and manage
Back pain is an increasingly common complaint. New PGDs are being written in many minor injury and illness clinics allowing more practitioners to deal with this problem. This course has been designed to help you make safer, more competent assessments for these patient presentations. The course is practical and hands on.
Who should attend?
Aims / objectives
- Gain a better understanding of back anatomy, epidemiology, causes of back pain and risk factors
- Understand the techniques and correct application of back examination
- Be more confident in applying your assessment findings to proper acute management or referral of back pain
- Properly document findings in accordance with safe protocol.
- Back basics; some background knowledge on: Anatomy, Epidemiology, Causes of back pain and risk factors
- Practical hands-on assessment- the expert back examination
- Differential diagnoses
- Acute management/referral
- Case study challengers
- Documentation of findings