P01 Paediatric minor illness: Online Accredited by the RCN Centre for Professional Accreditation
This programme has been accredited by the RCN Centre for Professional Accreditation until the 27th March 2022: Accreditation applies only to the educational content of the programme
This course concentrates on childhood minor illnesses from infancy to late teen years. Ideal for the practitioner who is confident with history taking and physical examination skills and wants to explore a variety of paediatric conditions in an evidence based context. A chance to share your experience and build on your expertise.
Who should attend?
Advanced nurse practitioners
Allied health professionals
Course pre-requisite- competency in history taking and physical examination skills.
Equipment, course materials, evaluation and certificate of attendance
Morning and afternoon refreshments are provided on face to face events.
RCN cannot confirm competence of any practitioner. Competence must be developed in the workplace with appropriate clinical facilitators.
The course is not a replacement for full patient assessment training.
|Course duration||Course CPD||Full price (incl VAT) per person|
|3 day(s)||21 hour(s)||£475|
|Dates||Block size||Block discount|
|09/02/2022 - 11/02/2022||4||10%|
|09/05/2022 - 11/05/2022||4||10%|
|06/07/2022 - 08/07/2022||4||10%|
Dates / venues
|Location - venue||Dates||No. of people|
|Online - Online Delivery||09/02/2022 - 11/02/2022||Enquire for details|
Aims / objectives
- Discuss and practice taking safe, developmentally appropriate histories for a variety of paediatric patient presentations
- Assess and identify various common paediatric minor illnesses.
- Identify and discuss appropriate additional diagnostics required for accurate patient assessment
- Discuss paediatric patient management, including referral requirements for safe practice
- Demonstrate your ability to integrate your diagnostic reasoning and patient management skills through case study and review scenarios.
- An overview of age appropriate history taking & physical exam techniques
- Anatomical & physiological differences in children
- Recognition of the ill child
- The febrile child
- The child with a skin problem
- ENT conditions
- The child with an abdominal complaint
- The child with a respiratory problem
- The child with an eye complaint