PDUK A61 COPD: all you need to know
In line with evidence-based guidelines, this workshop gives you more than a basic understanding of how to diagnose and treat the COPD patient.
Who should attend?
Allied Health Professionals
Aims / objectives
- Develop an in-depth understanding of stable and exacerbating COPD.
- Gain full knowledge in the assessment of COPD
- Understand the management and monitoring of COPD patients in accordance with current NICE guidelines.
- Apply these options to meet objectives for patient care and management.
- COPD- the patient.
- COPD- diagnosis
- Including spirometry use, technique and interpretation of results.
- Management and monitoring of COPD
- Current guidelines
- Stable and exacerbating COPD
- Update on the latest treatment options e.g. pulmonary rehabilitation, long-term O2 therapy and medications.
- A practical demonstration of spirometry use will be provided and participants can bring their own spirometer for individual advice on their particular make of machine.