A90 Minor illness triage essentials: Online
This interactive course provides the tools for competent basic triage. The course focuses on history taking and essential observations for safe patient management in triage. It is specifically designed for practitioners who see patients with undifferentiated illnesses.
Who should attend?
Allied Health Professionals
Physical examination skills are not covered in this course.
Morning and afternoon refreshments provided for face to face events. All course material, evaluations and certificate of attendance included.
Completion of this course is not a guarantee of competency. Support and practice in the workplace with an experienced facilitator is required to attain competence level.
|Course duration||Course CPD||Full price (incl VAT) per person|
|1 day(s)||7 hour(s)||£175|
|Dates||Block size||Block discount|
Dates / venues
|Location - venue||Dates||No. of people|
Aims / objectives
- To be able to undertake a systematic structured history that will underpin safe practice.
- To apply essential history taking components including red flags for potentially more serious presentations
- Be more confident in triaging and managing patients face to face presenting with minor illness
- Introduction to triage and clinical decision making
- History taking using a structured approach
- Basic observation, NEWS 2 scores and recognizing the deteriorating patient
- ENT conditions
- Respiratory conditions
- Acute abdominal pain
- Simple back pain
- Assessing rashes