AR85 Telephone triage for HCAs: Online
This workshop will raise your standards of customer care and give you more confidence in your ability to deal with telephone triage in a safe, efficient manner. Activities include listening to calls to show how and when to use the skills and strategies learned, group exercises and discussion.
Who should attend?
All course material, evaluations and certificate of attendance provided.
|Course duration||Course CPD||Full price (incl VAT) per person|
|1 day(s)||7 hour(s)||£170|
|Dates||Block size||Block discount|
Dates / venues
|Location - venue||Dates||No. of people|
Aims / objectives
- Review the basics of telephone interaction
- Demonstrate effective telephone communication
- Identify and overcome some of the barriers to communication
- Learn to identify difficult behaviours and how to manage them
- Understand the difference between aggression and assertiveness
- Demonstrate the call process
- Learn to identify emergencies and to prioritise or signpost to the relevant team member
- Review of the basics of a telephone interaction and active listening.
- How to overcome barriers to communication
- What is a difficult caller and how to manage them.
- Assertiveness versus aggression
- Managing calls - best practice in receiving calls, information gathering, reflecting/summarising, decision making and closing call
- Prioritising and signposting
- Putting theory into practice - taking a call
- Scenarios/role play
- Summary and closure