IH27 Minor illness core skills
This course is aimed at those of you who have limited experience with history taking and physical examination of the systems covered in the programme. An excellent course that gives practitioners who are expanding their practice the essential tools to do the job.
Who should attend?
Allied health professionals such as pharmacists and paramedics
Aims / objectives
- Have confidence in taking an episodic health history for various common patient presentations
- Understand the techniques and correct application of physical examination skills
- Perform a structured physical examination on a colleague
- Be familiar with a variety of common presentations including differential diagnoses and management of these conditions.
- Basic principles of history taking
- Physical examination techniques
- ENT assessment/practice
- ENT presentations
- Anterior eye assessment/Common eye complaints
- Respiratory assessment/practice
- Respiratory ailments
- Abdominal assessment/practice
- The patient with an abdominal complaint
- Assessment of common skin complaints