IHMC08 Masterclass: gastroenterology - acute and chronic
Covering both upper and lower GI problems, this course provides an overview of both straightforward and more challenging conditions.
Who should attend?
All registered nurses
Aims / objectives
- To be more confident in assessing and managing a variety of common upper and lower GI conditions in the community.
- Assessment and management of colorectal conditions: IBS, inflammatory bowel disease, diverticular disease, cancers
- Perianal conditions: haemorrhoids, fissures
- The dyspeptic patient- peptic ulcer disease, GORD, H. pylori, NSAIDS. Guidelines and management.
- Patients presenting with: dysphagia, abdominal pain, acute diarrhoea