A92 Blood results: long term conditions & chronic disease management
An engaging, informative and interactive course delivered by a highly experienced trainer, it addresses blood results specific to long term and chronic diseases.
Who should attend?
Allied Health Professionals
Mental Health Nurses
Care Home Nursing Staff
Aims / objectives
- Relate common blood tests to long term conditions
- Connect common blood tests to chronic disease management
- Link common tests together that underpin systems (such as associating Urea & Electrolytes (U&Es) with an Full Blood Count (FBC) for renal anaemia)
- Develop stories to help describe some common tests, like C Reactive Protein (CPR) being a fire alarm.
- Reflect on the day.
- Case study to explore why bloods are requested and which are significant.
- What is a reference range: How far out of the range can we go?
- Liver Function Tests
- Urea & Electrolytes
- Full Blood Count
- How do long term conditions affect blood results
- How do chronic diseases affect blood results
- Diabetes monitoring
- Effect of smoking and lifestyle on common blood tests, such as cholesterol.