A68 Blood results for beginners
This interactive course is a basic introduction to blood results, looking at clinical definitions and starting to introduce diseases to abnormal results.
Who should attend?
Substance misuse nurses
Learning disability nurses
Those needing a basic introduction to blood results
Aims / objectives
- Understand basic clinical definitions of common blood tests
- Start to think about which test to request and why
- Interpret results
- What is a reference range?
- What is a full blood count (FBC), U&Es and LFT?
- Which test do I request for diabetes and why?
- Blood tests for long term disease management
- Blood tests for substance misuse