A40 Clinical assessment of common presentations in women's health
Based on our Gynae Masterclass, this one day course is targeted at primary care practitioners involved in the management of and referral decisions for gynaecological patients.
Who should attend?
Aims / objectives
- Understand common gynaecological presentations.
- Be familiar with significant findings from a focused history and examination.
- Be able to recognise appropriate assessment and management of common gynaecological conditions.
- Gain an overview of emergency contraception administrative guidelines.
- Feel more confident to take forward women's health services within your practice.
- History taking with the gynae patient:
- Face to face
- Telephone triage essentials
- The gynae examination:
- An overview
- Normal and abnormal findings, including adolescent and elderly variants
- Digital rectal examination (DRE)
- Common gynaecological presentations including:
- Vaginal infections
- Vaginal bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Common investigations
- Emergency contraception and PGD guidelines
- Ways to expand gynae services in first contact facilities