AR87 Essential asthma update
This practical study day offers health professionals a comprehensive overview of the assessment and management of asthma in children and adults. Special consideration is given to the latest British Thoracic Society (BTS) and NICE guidelines, giving participants the confidence to implement this evidence-based tool into their practice. Informal lectures and interactive practical sessions make this a stimulating, informative and enjoyable programme.
Who should attend?
Aims / objectives
- Review basic principles of normal lung function and development
- Discuss and apply the BTS and NICE guidelines in assessing and managing patients with asthma.
- Explore key issues in asthma management such as patient compliance.
- Look at effective ways of evaluating practice.
- Asthma- the statistics
- Normal respiratory function and lung development - an overview
- The BTS and NICE guidelines
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment-
- what’s new, what isn’t
- -evidence based practice- what’s in, what’s out
- -patient education
- -concordance and compliance
- Outcomes and audit