P02 Paediatric minor injuries
Unlike other minor injury courses, this workshop focuses on the paediatric patient. It covers the basic principles of examining injured children and will give you the confidence to make sound assessment and management decisions.
This course may apply towards Every Child Matters (DfES2004) requirements.
Who should attend?
GPs that want a refresher and update
Aims / objectives
- Review the basic tenants of paediatric anatomical development and patterns of injury and recovery.
- Be familiar with the principles of paediatric analgesia.
- Develop assessment and management skills of common minor injuries and musculoskeletal conditions in the paediatric patient.
- History taking
- Overview of paediatric anatomical development
- Patterns of injury & healing
- Paediatric analgesia
- Head & neck injuries
- Wounds & burns
- Closed limb injuries to bone and soft tissue (anatomy, examination & management)
- Fractures, sprains & strains
- Overuse and development related problems such as hip and knee pain