AR115 Action-centred leadership for team leaders
This interactive two-day programme is based on the work of Professor John Adair, a world authority on leadership development. Using a combination of theories and exercises to increase self-awareness, the course will also provide participants with the tools and techniques to lead a team in a complex and busy healthcare environment.
Who should attend?
Anyone who leads a team will benefit from this course, which has been tailored to meet the needs of healthcare professionals in any setting.
Aims / objectives
- By the end of the programme participants will be able to:
- Define the leadership qualities and skills of an effective team leader
- Understand the functions of the leader
- Identify their strengths and weaknesses within the ‘Action Centred Leadership’ Model
- Recognise the various roles performed by people in teams
- Discuss the skills and techniques to create an environment in which people want to perform
- Describe what motivates others
- Develop an understanding of the satellite theories that are part of the Action Centred Leadership model
- Demonstrate the benefits of using some fundamental planning principles
- Introduction and objectives
- What is leadership?
- Approaches to leadership
- The three circles
- Leadership situations
- Leadership functions
- The leadership checklist
- The role of the leader
- Satellite theories
- Course review and action planning