A70 Basic spirometry
This workshop has been designed to assist health care workers to confidently perform spirometry. It is ideal for Health Care Assistants and other care providers who require basic spirometry skills. Group interaction and hands on practice make this both a stimulating and practical event.
Who should attend?
Allied Health Professionals
Aims / objectives
- Understand the objectives of spirometry and the indications for its use.
- Understand the issues relating to the care and maintenance of equipment
- Be able to perform spirometry and attain technically acceptable results.
- Use and indications for spirometry
- The spirometer, care and maintenance
- Spirometry technique - practical session