A116 Urgent care consultation for community pharmacists
This very interactive clinically focused course is ideal for pharmacists who will be assessing adult patients with a variety of common complaints in the community. It will help build confidence and competence in meeting the challenges of everyday practice and the demands of the expanding role of the pharmacist clinician.
Who should attend?
This flexible course can be amended to cover different body systems and can be delivered as a two to five day event.
Quality assurance: hands-on workshop; maximum student to trainer ratio: 12 to one.
All course material, evaluations and certificate of attendance included.
Completion of this course is not a guarantee of competency. Support and practice in the workplace with an experienced facilitator is required to attain competence level.
|Course duration||Course CPD||In-house Course|
|3 day(s)||21 hour(s)||POA|
Aims / objectives
- By the end of the 3-day workshop attendees will:
- Understand the principles of history taking
- Feel confident to undertake a structured health history from a patient.
- Understand the techniques of physical examination skills
- Correctly use the physical examination of each of the systems covered
- Perform a physical examination of all reviewed systems on a colleague.
- Basic principles of history taking
- Physical examination techniques
- ENT assessment/practice
- Ear presentations
- Respiratory assessment/practice
- Upper & Lower Respiratory Tract conditions including painful sinuses, sore throat, cough & bronchitis
- Abdominal assessment/practice
- Abdominal presentations- diagnosis and management
- Skin assessment, diagnosis and management
- Practice review
- Evaluation and close