A78 Same day consultation workshop: assessment &management of the adult pt abdominal & common gynae
This hands on course will provide participants wit the confidence to perform a systematic assessment of the patient presenting with an abdominal complaint. Common GI and gynaecological conditions seen in the adult patient will also be explored.
Who should attend?
Allied Health Professionals
Aims / objectives
- Feel confident to undertake an episodic health history for various common adult abdominal related presentations.
- Perform a physical examination on a colleague of the abdominal system.
- Be familiar with differential diagnoses and management of common GI and Gynae conditions seen in the adult patient.
- Practice documentation of findings and management plans
- Abdominal history taking essentials & physical examination/practice
- Common abdominal complaints - assessment, management & documentation
- Gynae overview including vaginal discharge, pelvic pain and the basics of emergency contraception